Tax Return Accountant: Fixed Fee Tax Returns

Tax Returns for Companies and Individuals

Managing your finances as a company or self-employed individual can be difficult enough without having to worry about filing self-assessment tax returns on top of everything else. You may find the process of submitting a tax return to be excessively complicated, or you may not want to devote the necessary time and attention to the task. The experts at More Than Accountants can take care of your self-assessment accounts and company tax requirements, ensuring that you do not incur any penalties or fines as a result of any mistakes or delays.

We are best known for our all-inclusive unlimited service plan, which includes all accounting services required by a UK business and more for a fixed monthly fee. Furthermore, when you sign up for our all-inclusive service, we will give you a 50 percent discount on any existing tax returns you may have.

online bookkeeping services

What's the process for completing your tax returns?


Give the Green Light ...

Join More Than Accountants and become a client by generating a quote on our website or calling us on 0161 8040808.


Collecting the right information ...

We will collect all the necessary information from you and contact your previous accountant on your behalf if applicable.


Tax Return Production ...

Our expert accountants will compile your company or personal tax return in the most tax efficient way possible.


Submission to the relevant authorities …

We will submit your tax returns to HMRC and Companies House, if applicable.

Sole Traders

Easy and comprehensive accounting services for a fixed price.

Limited Companies

Expert support for your limited company’s accounting needs


Accountancy services for partnerships provided by qualified accountants


Qualified accountants providing accounting services for Limited Liability Partnerships.


Simple accountancy solutions for both contractors and freelancers

Other Services

View a complete list of the accounting services we offer.

Our signature all inclusive accountancy package

More Than Accountants specialises in an accounting package that aims to boost your company’s profitability while lowering your tax bill.

This package includes all of your accounting needs and more. Bookkeeping on a monthly or quarterly basis, company accounts, VAT returns (if applicable), management reports, regular tax reviews and advice, and self-assessments. All completed using Xero accountancy software.

Unlimited Telephone and Email Support

No question is too big or small; no concern is too insignificant.

True unlimited accounting package that covers all of your accounting needs with no hidden costs. We guarantee a maximum three-hour response time to your enquiries.

Unlimited telephone & email support

Never any hidden costs

Guaranteed 3 hour response times

What "extras" are included in the fixed monthly fee?

We want to help you grow your business while also lowering your tax burden.

We provide you with quarterly or monthly management reports using Xero Accounting Software and Dext Receipt Reading Technology, allowing you to make informed company business decisions and allowing your accountant to provide you with regular tax guidance.

Monthly or Quarterly Management Reports

Xero & Dext Included

Regular Tax Advice

Switching Accountant - Easy Transition

Want To Join Us? We take care of everything!

We quickly take over all of your accounting needs once you give us the green light. If necessary, we will contact your prior accountant on your behalf, with the goal of bringing your accounting and tax situation up to date as quickly as possible.

We contact your current accountant on your behalf.

We make contact with HMRC to get approved as your accountant.

You keep doing what you love, which is running your business..

Trusted by 1000+ small to medium sized businesses across the UK

Learn what it’s like to utilise More Than Accountants’ all-inclusive unlimited accountancy service from a few of our customers.

Ready to get our all-inclusive professional accountancy service?

Join thousands of business owners receiving our 5 star rated service.

Generate a Personalised Quote to Get Started

Frequently Asked Questions

Corporation Tax is applied to any taxable profits that your organisation obtains and should be found by the creation of company accounts. The taxable profits are then submitted to HMRC.

This indicates that once your company starts making a profit, you should also start making payments for your Corporation Tax Return by using the rate of 19%, except if your company has experienced recent losses in previous years.

Your personal tax return should be completed every year and submitted to HMRC as a self-assessment.

In your company tax return, you will find all the monetary activities of your company during the whole accounting period of your corporation tax. It indicates the total taxable profit that your organisation has acquired during a specific timeframe as well as the total corporation tax that you need to pay for these profits.

A company tax return should include form CT600, which shows the amount of corporation tax that your organisation owes. A complete arrangement of the annual accounts and the figures used in the computation are shown in the form CT600. A reliable accountant can help you with this if you prefer not to do it yourself.

Keep in mind that corporation tax is not mainly dependent on the circumstances of your accounting period. When your company’s year-end has arrived, your accountant must deal with your financial records straightaway. Your corporate tax return must be filed within 12 months of the accounting period of your organization. Most likely, you will rely on your accountant. However, the directors must see to it that this is done promptly and properly.

If your business obtains a profit of up to £1.5 million, then within nine months and one day starting from the end of your accounting period, you must pay the amount that your company owes to HMRC. If your company fails to do so, then you will have to pay some penalties.

To ensure that you will not forget the deadline, HMRC strongly recommends that you set up a direct debit. And if you don’t have any corporation tax liability, you must let HMRC know that you have nothing to pay.

It is a must that you file your corporate tax return online. For this reason, you are not allowed to do this by post if you don’t have any reasonable excuse. For instance,

  • You had an unexpected stay in the clinic, which prevented you from handling your tax issues.
  • Your associate or any other direct relation has died unexpectedly before the deadline for the payment or tax return.
  • Your software or desktop has stopped working previously or while you are trying to file your return online.
  • You had a serious illness.
  • A fire, flood, or burglary has prevented you from filing your tax return.
  • You encountered some issues with HMRC’s online services.
  • Delays that are caused by your inabilities
  • Postal postponements were unexpected.

For the 2020/21 tax year, the Corporation Tax Rate is 19%. With regards to who are the ones required to pay corporation tax, the law is applicable to the following:

foreign businesses that have some offices in the UK.
The limited companies that are found on the UK list
Independent clubs and connotations.

The amount that you must pay for your corporation tax liabilities does not rely on how big or small your organization is, but on your profits annually. For example, for the 2020/21 tax year, the rate for corporation tax is 19% of your taxable profits. Although smaller companies could manipulate the small profit rate prior to 2015, this is not applicable today.

The flat rate is applied to all businesses, but it will be reduced by 1% in 2020, making it 18%. Also, take note that if you sell organization resources, then you are required to make a payment on corporation tax on all benefits, also referred to as chargeable gains. All businesses that are involved in the following should pay their corporation tax liabilities:

  • Received profit from rent, sales, etc.
  • Disposal or sale of business assets
  • Income obtained from savings deposits
  • Generally, a UK company tax return consists of the following items:

    Company accounts, also referred to as statutory accounts, include all the records the company should arrange for its individuals according to the Companies Act. This includes the chiefs’ reports and perhaps the auditor’s or the evaluator’s reports.
    Form CT600, which is duly signed by an authorized cosigner such as the company secretary, director, or any authorized tax evocative.
    Additional pages that are necessary for the CT600
    calculations or individual calculations that indicate how the amounts on the CT600 were derived.

    Typically, you must file one company tax return every year. However, if the period of your annual accounts is more than 12 months, then you should file two tax returns. In these cases, one will cover the period for the initial year while the other return will cover the excess timeframe.

    If you feel that you are well-prepared to accomplish your company tax returns, then you may do so. You could also choose to hire a tax advisor or an accountant to help you out. Oftentimes, company tax returns can be intimidating, especially if you don’t have any knowledge about this.

    If you are not using a tax advisor, accountant, or a specialist to help you prepare and file your tax returns, then you should file your corporation tax and tax returns online.

    The deadline for filing your tax return online is one year after the end of your accounting period for corporation tax. The amount of tax that your company needs to pay will greatly depend on the amount of profits that you have generated during the accounting period of your corporation tax.

You are not allowed to pay your tax return by post. You must pay your corporation tax electronically using various methods, including Direct Debit, online or telephone banking, at your bank or building society, CHAPS, or BACS.

After your company has been successfully consolidated, you must familiarize yourself with the different documents that are needed by HMRC and Companies House. A confirmation statement refers to the report that contains accurate and exceptional information about a limited company on a particular date.

The reason why it is important to file a confirmation statement once every 12 months is to confirm the details of your limited company. This includes all the information that you have submitted at Companies House during your registration. You also need to update any developments in investors’ subtleties and the shared capital. Companies House will verify the confirmation statement subtleties and make a comparison against the public register. Afterward, if there are any developments, the share capital and investors’ details will be updated when necessary. Various changes should be considered independently and confirmed in the confirmation statement.

Officers, including the company secretary and directors,
Company name and number
PSCs, or Persons with Significant Control,
Registered office address
Date when the return was created-refers to the date when all the information was corrected.
Primary business activities
If you are using one, it is the SAIL address or alternative inspection address if you are using one.
Members, including guarantors, shareholders, or LLP members
Charges for Late Submission of a Company Tax Return
Share capital for companies is limited to apportionment by shares.

HMRC will inform you if you are good with your taxes in case you try to cite anything that has no reference or has an improper reference in your liability. You could make modifications by discussing this with the Collector of Taxes and explaining every detail of the payment and your precise installment reference. Afterward, at this instant, they will redistribute your payment against the liability of your company. It is expected that you will pay the interest on the underpayment. The following are the penalties imposed by HMRC for any misconduct that you have committed.This indicates that once your company starts making a profit, you should also start making payments for your Corporation Tax Return by using the rate of 19%, except if your company has experienced recent losses in previous years.

Your personal tax return should be completed every year and submitted to HMRC as a self-assessment.

HMRC has set the following penalties for late filing of tax returns:

  • If you are late for one day, then you will be fined £100.
  • You will be fined another £100 if you are late for 90 days.
  • After six months, HMRC will make an evaluation of your bill, and a 10% penalty will be added to your unpaid tax.

You will be charged with interest on the amount that you owe to HMRC. Otherwise, you will suffer the consequences if you are late in paying your tax. HMRC will do anything in such a way that they can recover any cash due, including:

  • If you have some properties in Wales, England, or Northern Ireland, then they will probably be sold by the debt-accumulating organizations as ordered by HMRC.
  • Unsettled accounts will be deducted from your pension or earnings.
  • HMRC will close your business by retrieving cash from your bank accounts. The worst thing is they might take you to court. And during this time, you could petition for bankruptcy or financial protection.

You should not conceal your profits, or you will be required to pay a fine equivalent to 100% of your earnings.

If you file a company tax return and it is discovered that there were some mistakes, HMRC will impose a fine on you. The amount that you will be required to pay will greatly depend on whether HMRC acknowledges that it was an intentional mistake, no matter if you tried to hide it, and whether you willingly conceded to it before it was discovered by HMRC. In any case, HMRC will either choose the following:

  • If the false information was intentionally provided and it was not concealed, then you will have to pay a fine of 20% to 70%. However, if HMRC reveals your cleverness, the fine will be between 35% and 70%.
  • If you intentionally hide your profits, then you will be charged with a fine of 100% of your profit.
  • If you acknowledge your inaccuracy, then you could be charged between 0% and 30% of your tax bill. If HMRC hooks you, this penalty could be anything between 15% to 30%.

If you have made a mistake while filing your corporate tax liability, you should inform HMRC right away.

By doing so, your penalty could be reduced, or everything could be eliminated. If your business is having some income issues and you are unable to pay the corporate tax, PAYE, and VAT, then the most reasonable option would be a pay arrangement. The pay agreement with HMRC is legal. Your company will propose to spread the amount owed across a certain timescale. You must provide some evidence to assist in your proposed reimbursement arrangement.

Most often, each organization has its own unique requirements for filing and reporting. The things that we discussed above outline all the major recording necessities for how your company can file a company tax return. This guide is designed for privately owned businesses that are limited by shares.

Different types of companies, such as community organizations or those engaged in other managed activities, will have some additional filing prerequisites.