30 Mobile Marketing Stats You Need to Know
Have you seen any ads on your social media or YouTube video on your phone? Obviously, we all do. Mobile ads can be seen anywhere and most of all, you can earn some money from them! The growth in the smartphone industry has provided more opportunities for digital marketing.
Mobile marketing is one of the most popular topics right now. Since more and more people are now using their phones, then marketers and businesses must also learn to adapt. And if you haven’t done so, then now is definitely the right time to do so.
It seems that mobile usage has continued to rise for the past few years and this trend will likely continue. That is why it is important that your sites, ads, and video content must be mobile-oriented and optimized for mobile devices as well as for those who will be using them. There is a higher demand for mobile optimization right now. After all, most people are now browsing the internet on their smartphones. This means that you need to provide them with a website that can give them an amazing experience regardless of what type of device they are using.
Want to switch to More Than Accountants? You can get an instant quote online by using the form below. In a like for like comparison for services we are up to 70% cheaper than a high street accountant.
Do you know that in late 2015, the web traffic in mobile has exceeded the desktop? Also, this is the first time that it occurred. It seems that more and more people are now living in the mobile world.
Nowadays, marketers have started to recognize the importance of mobile marketing. If you have not started investing in mobile marketing, then this is something that you should consider. After all, this is just a single activity that you need to add in your lengthy to-do list.
This is something that is worth considering whether you optimize your emails on your mobile, optimize your site for mobile users, or do a bit of mobile SEO, you can assure that mobile marketing will always be here to stay. Here we will give you 30 mobile marketing stats to help you understand the significance of mobile marketing so you can put this on top of your to-do list.
30 Mobile Marketing Stats You Need to Know
1. There are 1.08 billion people who are using smartphones, 3.05 billion of them are using SMS enabled and 950 million of them are not using SMS enabled.
How big is the mobile market? There are about 4 billion mobile phones being used by different people all over the world.
2. It was predicted that by 2014, mobile internet users will exceed desktop internet users.
Mobile internet users have eventually grown so fast.
3. More than 75% of the smartphone market are using Apple and Android operating systems.
The smartphone market is continuously growing.
4. At least 71% of mobile users anticipate that websites will load quickly on mobile devices compared to desktop computers.
This is why more and more people are now accessing the internet through their smartphones.
5. If these websites don’t load right away, then 74% of these mobile users are willing to wait for 5 seconds for a particular website to load on their mobile devices before leaving the site.
That is why it is very important that you have to optimize your mobile site.
6. As a result, 46% of these mobile users are still doubtful if they would visit this mobile site again in case it did not function properly during their last visit.
If your mobile site is not optimized properly, then the tendency is you will lose a lot of potential customers.
7. The U.S. has a total of 7.96% of mobile web traffic while Africa has 14.85% and the highest is in Asia with 17.84%.
Mobile web traffic has escalated each year. Asia’s mobile web traffic has increased by 192.5% from 2010 to 2012. In just two years, Asia’s mobile web traffic has almost tripled.
8. 50% of all local searches are being done on mobile devices.
Since more and more people are now using their mobile phones, it’s versatility also keeps on progressing.
9. By simply including your location in your mobile ads, your click-through rates can increase by up to 200%.
Nowadays, consumers prefer ads which include its location so they will know where they can purchase a certain product or service.
10. 87% of US shoppers would prefer to use websites and mobile sites when doing their shopping activities.
According to research, only a few Americans use mobile apps when doing some shopping. In fact, only 4% of American consumers choose to shop using mobile or tablet apps.
11. Only 19% of US retailers are creating M-Commerce apps.
Since only a few people are buying from mobile apps, then only a few retailers are making their own mobile apps. M-commerce apps allow consumers to do their shopping activities through their smartphones.
12. 24% of tablet owners shop 2-3 times per month while 20% of them do their shopping more than once per week and only 12% of them enjoys shopping every day!
These retail apps might be valuable to smartphone users who are not more adept in browsing the internet. Yet, tablet commerce apps can offer more interactive features to its users such as providing a catalog style format. Maybe this is the reason why tablet commerce has grown significantly. In fact, in 2011, 87% of tablet owners are doing their holiday shopping through their devices. Tablet owners are enjoying a better shopping experience compared to smartphone users. Because of this, tablet owners are shopping more frequently using m-commerce.
13. 29% of mobile users approved of scanning mobile tags to obtain coupons.
Can you use coupons on your mobile devices? By using mobile tags, you can redeem your coupons instantly and use them on stores.
14. 1 in 5 smartphone users are able to scan product barcodes, and almost 1 in 8 of them can compare prices using their phones while shopping in a store.
Can smartphones actually scan barcodes? Scanning barcodes can be done through your smartphone.
15. At least 39% of shoppers will leave the store without buying anything.
Smartphones can sometimes influence shoppers. 12% of these consumers will check prices from other retailers using their phones. While 8% of these smartphone users will likely check if the product is available in other stores.
16. 91% of mobile internet access is utilized for socializing while only 79% of internet access is used social activities on desktops.
What do most people usually do on their mobile phones?
17. More than 1/3 of Facebook users are using Facebook mobile and 50% of Twitter users are using Twitter mobile.
Facebook has more than 600 million users. On the other hand, Twitter has more or less 165 million users.
18. Mobile barcode scanning has a 300% increase compared to 2010.
Mobile barcode scanning has come a long way for the past few years. Perhaps the peak season is the holidays since more people will be searching for product details and during this time, several people are having new Smartphones.
19. If the entire mobile internet usage was consolidated into an hour, then 25 minutes of it is likely spent on checking email.
People spend a lot of time checking their email. As a marketer, it is essential that you are up to date on your email especially when you are on the go. This is why mobile email is essential. At least 88% of mobile users are opening their email through their mobile devices every day.
20. There was an increase of 34% in people opening their emails through their mobile.
While webmail opens have decreased to 11% and 9.5% for desktop email opens.
21. There was an increase of 73% on users opening their email on their iPads.
22. Most of the email that they view include social network, finance, entertainment, and publishing industries.
Most people are now viewing their emails through their mobile devices.
23. Most often, people read email on their mobile devices on Saturdays and less likely on Mondays.
24. 70% of consumers who do mobile searches will likely take some action within an hour of searching.
Mobile searches are very effective if you are looking for conversions. Nowadays, more and more people are searching for information on their mobile. Hence, it is important to have your site optimized so it can be viewed on mobile devices. This also proves that mobile searches are more effective compared to desktop searches since most people are always on the go. It is much easier to grab your smartphone and do your research rather than grabbing your laptop. Mobile searchers can be considered as buyers as long as you know how to meet their needs.
25. At least 20.2% of consumers don’t like to buy through their mobile devices because or security reasons.
Aside from this, they are having difficulty in seeing the details on the product as well as doing some navigation. They can’t browse multiple products at the same time in order to do a comparison. They are also having trouble inputting the details. If you are planning to be a mobile marketer, then these are some important factors that you have to consider. Perhaps the best solution would be to invest in a high-quality app that is easier to use and completely secure.
26. Google Play store consists of approximately 8 million apps while Apple App Store offers 2.2 million apps.
On the other hand, Windows Store only has nearly 669K apps which are higher than Amazon Appstore which has 600K apps. Google Play store and the Apple App Store has the largest apps, making them more significant. While Windows Store and Amazon Appstore have lesser apps, making them less competitive. You can choose to distribute your app on different platforms, the most important thing is you know where customers are. Obviously, you must also promote the app.
27. Each day, consumers would spend 5 hours or more on their smartphones.
Perhaps this is something that you already know. After all, we always see people who can’t take their eyes away from their cellphones. The truth is smartphone addiction actually exists and you can find it just about anywhere. However, if people will spend more time on their phones, then most likely mobile marketing will improve.
28. 80% of the people using the internet each day have their own smartphones.
This is not quite surprising to know since we’ve seen people using their smartphones everywhere around us. Do you know anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone? Well, not unlikely. The truth is most of them probably has more than one smartphone.
29. Mobile marketing spending has reached $138.1 billion in 2018 and it is anticipated that by 2021 the mobile ad spending will reach up to $212.4 billion.
While the earnings for Google’s mobile advertising in 2014 has increased from $16.27 billion to an incredible amount of $61.26 billion in 2018. The worldwide mobile ad spending in 2013 was $19.2 billion and suddenly in 2019, it skyrocketed to $195.55 billion. Meanwhile, desktop marketing spending has the highest peak in 2015 and continues to decrease ever since.
30. In 2019, there are 3.256 billion mobile users who are always active in social media.
This is at least 50% of the entire population in the whole world. This is the reason why in 2018 92% of Facebook’s advertising earnings originate from mobile ads. They had an amazing revenue of $51.34 billion in 2018. This is the biggest income in mobile ads ever earned by the largest social network in the whole world and it is continuously growing.
It’s Time To Invest In Mobile Advertising
Before you start investing in mobile marketing, you need to evaluate your own practices. How many hours each day do you spend in using your smartphone? What can you do to improve these mobile ads? Mobile marketing can provide you a huge revenue, as long as you know how to do it well. These mobile marketing stats can help you in planning your mobile marketing campaign.
Today, marketers have started to optimize and focus more on their mobile marketing. They invest more in digital marketing geared towards mobile. It only seems practical since most people right now are using their mobile devices in opening their email, browsing for products and services as well as doing their social network activities. These number of people will continue to grow as the years passed by.
These mobile marketing statistics can give you some idea why there is a need for mobile marketing ads. Fortunately, investing in a mobile marketing campaign has helped a lot of businesses earned large revenues.
In the future, we can expect more smartphones and mobile ads. As more and more people will be using smartphones, mobile payment systems will likely develop worldwide. Mobile ad campaigns can keep people well-informed about the latest and upcoming movies and TV shows as well as the current trends in fashion. You can even download the latest mobile apps.
This only means that mobile website optimization is not an option anymore, it’s definitely a need.